| Thermal strcture of the lithosphere|
- Global thermal models for the continental crust and upper mantle,
- global maps of lithosphere thickness (thermal LAB),
- thermal structure of Europe and the Barents sea,
- thermal structure of Greenland, lithosphere thickness, predicted heat flux, and ice melting,
- thermal structure of Anatolia and dynamic topography
| Compositional heterogeneity of continental lithospheric mantle|
Based on separation of thermal and non-thermal signal in:
- seismic tomography models (global and regional, elastic and anelastic);
- global and regional gravity models,
- lithosphere mantle density heterogeneity in Europe, Siberia, China, Southern Africa, North Atlantics,
- correlations of compositional anomalies with kimberlite locations,
- lithosphere layering and the origin of mid-lithosphere discontinuity.
|Growth rate of continental lithosphere and its secular evolution|
- growth and preservation rate of the continental lithosphere since the Archean based on a global thermal model
complemented by tectono-thermal ages (1 deg x 1 deg global model TC1),
- interaction of deep lithospheric roots with a convective mantle (the "basal drag" model of lithosphere erosion); it
provides end-member constraints on lithosphere thickness in Paleozoic and Proterozoic-Archean regions,
- lithosphere control on anorthosite magmatism.
|Structure of the crust|
- Global trends in crustal structure,
- regional (digital) seismic model for Europe (Western Europe and the East European craton to the Urals mnts) and the
North Atlantics region,
- regional (digital) seismic model for Siberia (West Siberian Basin and Siberian craton),
- regional (digital) seismic model for the North China craton,
- regional seismic model for southern Africa (from Zimbabwe craton to the Cape Fold belt) based on Receiver
- analysis of crust-mantle interaction and control on thickness of continental crust based on the European examples,
- structure of major sedimentary basins, mechanisms of basin subsidence in intraplate settings.
|Regional studies of lithosphere structure and dynamic topography in Europe and southern Africa|
- thermo-chemical heterogeneity of lithospheric mantle based on seismic, free-board, and thermal data
- links between crustal and mantle structure and surface topography;
- regional dynamic topography models
|Lithosphere deformation, rifting and seismic anisotropy|
- seismic anisotropy in young orogens and a model of creep in the upper mantle,
- numerical modeling of lithosphere deformation during extension and continental rifting.
|Anomalous oceanic lithosphere|
- anomalous lithosphere structure of the North Atlantic ocean; role of pre-exiting lithosphere heterogeneity on ocean
spreading; global structure of the oceanic crust and lithosphere; implications for mantle potential temperatures.